Find us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our profile on LinkedIn

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is EMR really that scary?

No need to be scared. Breathe. Three little words: "Electronic Medical Records." That wasn't so bad, was it? We know -- you're scared of EMR. And who could blame you? Humans have always been scared of the unknown. I, myself, refused to try spinach until I was in college (dining halls have the uncanny ability to oblige culinary exploration).

We're guessing that if you aren't already using EMR, the idea of ditching your paper records seems about as appealing to you as regrouting your bathroom or going on a date with this guy.

And we feel your pain. To you, EMR is unknown. And the unknown can be scary.

That's why the team at IO Practiceware is here to assuage your fears. We proudly present:

"Everything You've Always Wanted To Know About EMR*
*But Were Afraid To Ask"

(A Three Act Play)

Act I - "The Stubborn Ophthalmologist"

IO: I suspect from your cherry red complexion and the fact that your fists are clenched that you're frustrated.

Doctor: Hmmmph.

IO: You're worried that the government is going to force you into buying EMR?

Doctor: Hmmmph.

IO: You're frustrated that your three year-old daughter can use the internet faster than you can?

Doctor: ...I'm just...not good with computers. I'm afraid EMR will slow me down in the exam room! How will I keep my practice on schedule and on task?

IO: Look, Doc, here's the thing: IO Practiceware designed its EMR with ophthalmologists like you in mind. Our touch-screen interface requires no fancy typing, no complex commands or codes. Not only is the touch pad easy to use, but it's way faster than writing, typing, or using a mouse.

Doctor: But won't it take me forever to learn how to use it?

IO: Au contraire, mon ami! Our staff works with you on-site for two weeks to teach you everything there is to know about using our EMR. Think of it as a kind of EMR boot camp, except you don't have to shave your head.

Doctor: Okay, okay. I'm intrigued. Can you tell me more?

(Stay tuned for Act II - "E-M-Are You Serious?")

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I enjoyed reading the conversation. The right electronic medical records software system can save a physician practice time and money, while also improving patient outcomes.That's the reason why many wants to have their own electronic medical records software system. Thanks for the post.


    -krisha-

    ReplyDelete